Increasing Milk supply while pumping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing Milk supply while pumping.

I just had twins and they are two weeks old, they were late term preemies and could not suck and empty the breast well, since they were not emptying the breast, we switched to pumping. I have a medula double expression pump and still do not feel like my breasts get fully emptied. I pump every three hours and get a total of 1 0z. Have looked into different options to increase my milk supply and am stuck due to side effects? Read fenugreek may have a correlation with peanut allergy, mothers milk tea can cause problems for asthmatics (which I am), and saw that moringa increased supply, but saw in another thread you did not recommend that. Is there anything I can take safely to increase my supply? I am on juice plus natural fruit and veggie supplement and drink as much water as I can while not sleeping. Thanks!

Roswarski,

We would suggest having your prolactin levels checked first to see if they are low to know if these kind of medications would help increase your milk supply. Have levels checked 2 hours after breastfeeding or pumping for the most accurate level. If your levels are low and you do not have a history of depression we would recommend reglan at 10mg 3 times a day for 4-5 weeks then start weaning by 10mg a day for a week at a time until you are off this medication we do not recommend using more than 60 days total.

I hope this helps.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

I have been drinking healthy nursing tea to increase my milk supply which was low once. It helped and I started producing more milk.

Comment

My friend please go threw this link . It will be very useful for you. My friend suggested me this when we have a new born baby.
        [url]http://www.babynology.com/parenting-advice/keeping_your_breast_milk_healthy.html[/url]

Comment

Working...
        X