Vraylar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraylar

is there any information on this medication and breastfeeding? Would it likely behave similarly to other atypical antipsychotics?

Ma0613:

We unfortunately do not have any data on this new drug. Cariprazine is a new antipsychotic drug. It has two active metabolites desmethyl cariprazine (DCAR) and didesmethyl cariprazine (DDCAR) which are equipotent to cariprazine with much longer half lives. It requires up to 4-6 weeks to attain steady state. Cariprazine acts as a partial agonist at the dopamine D3 and D2 receptors with high binding affinity. While there are no data on its transmission into human milk, its kinetics suggest that milk levels might be high. Some caution is recommended until we know more about this drug.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

PS: Would you be willing to provide milk samples for a study?

Comment

Ma0613:

The problem with Abilify is that it is known to suppress PROLACTIN levels in some moms and may reduce your milk production.

I'd stick with Vraylar for the time being. Send your contact information to: [url]https://www.infantrisk.com/help-infantrisk-research[/url]

Enter Vraylar AFTER your name and I'll watch for it.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

After much thought, I don’t feel comfortable risking an untested medication. I am going to speak to my doctor about switching to a first line medication such as Seroquel. However, I am also on Lamictal 200mg and Zoloft 100mg. Would a low dose Seroquel added to these be likely to cause adverse effects due to the stacking of meds?

Comment

Ma0613:

No, adding a small dose of Seroquel is unlikely to add much risk in this situation. The other drugs doses are moderately low as well.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
          X