GAD tx while bf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAD tx while bf

I have GAD and havent been on my meds since I found out I was pregnant. My GP or OB would not approve any meds. I have suffered thru my attacks. my baby is 7 mos now and I would like to restart my meds as I am now having hives constantly. Iwas on wellbutrin, tranxene and trazadone. My GP will only approve with hesitation and caution the wellbutrin. Is there anythng that I can take safely? Are my meds safe? Please help I can't go much longer like this topped with the chronic pain I have. I have told her about Dr Hale but she usue her own database and won't approve many meds. My choice is to suffer or stop breastfeeding. Was wondering if the herb Kava Kava would be safe, as everything says do not use while breastfeeding, has antone used this herb or any of my meds while bf? What was your experience? I am trying to get help but my dr is not being of much help to me.
    Last edited by burpl_e; 05-30-2012, 03:16 AM. Reason: additional info

tamoxifen

[url=http://maybc.com/]buy nolvadex[/url] is a non-steroid anti-estrogen which competitively inhibits estrogen receptors in the target organs and tumors in them. Mechanism of its action is not completely investigated though it is known that a complex of Nolvadex with the receptor and cofactor appears and than it is transferred to the cell nucleus preventing hypertrophy of the cells which depend on regulation by estrogen. The effect of the medication can last several weeks after a single dose. Nolvadex is able to cause ovulation in women, stimulation production of gonadotropic hormones of hypophysis. In men with oligospermia it increases concentration of luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone, testosterone and estrogen in the blood serum.
    [url=http://nolvadexsale.com/]nolvadex no prescription[/url] is used to treat breast cancer in women and in men (especially after castration) and also when it has spread to other parts of the body, kidney cancer, melanomas and sarcomas of the soft tissues with estrogen receptors, cancer of the ovary.
    Last edited by Macrobbs; 06-04-2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Hi burpl_e,

Please call us at the InfantRisk Center so we can discuss all of these medications with you. We would not recommend that you use Kava Kava because we have no studies to know how much might get into your breastmilk or how it might affect the infant.

Our number is 806-352-2519. We are open Mon-Fri from 8am-5pm, CDT.

If you aren't able to call, I need you to post again with your dosages of the medications and if the infant is taking any medications (if so, what medications).

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Colleen Peace, BSN, RN
      TTUHSC. InfantRisk Center

Comment

I tried to call with no answer. wellbutrin 150mg twice daily, tranxene 7.5 mg 1/2 to 1 pill three times a day as needed, trazadone 150mg 1/3 to 1 pill at bedtime .

Comment

Hi burpl_e,

I’m sorry you were not able to reach us. When we are on the line with other callers, the phone rings until someone is available.

Dr. Hale rates the medications by risk. Medications rated as L1 are the most compatible with breastfeeding. The scale goes to L5, which are the medications that should be avoided while breastfeeding.

Wellbutrin is rated an L3. Of the infants studied thus far, no bupropion (the generic name for Wellbutrin) has been detected in the infant’s plasma compartment. However, there was one case of possible seizure that was reported (this was a 6 month old breastfed infant, whose mother was taking 150 mg/day bupropion. The mother discontinued the medication and continued to breastfeed. No further seizures were reported). The author has had a least 3 case reports in which Wellbutrin may have suppressed the mothers milk supply. The infant should be monitored for agitation, restlessness, and sleep disturbances.

Tranxene is rated an L3. Levels of this medication in breastmilk are low. Infant should be monitored for lethargy and sedation.

Trazodone is rated an L2. Levels of this medication in breastmilk are probably too low to be clinically relevant in the breastfed infant.

All three medications are probably compatible with breastfeeding. Please be certain the baby’s pediatrician is aware of all the medications you are taking so the infant can be monitored appropriately.

If you have any further questions, please call us at the InfantRisk Center. If the phone rings and no answer (if it is during our normal business hours), it means we are busy talking to other clients. Please just wait 5-10 minutes or so and try again. Our number is 806-352-2519. We are open 8am-5pm, CDT.

Colleen Peace, BSN, RN
          TTUHSC, InfantRisk Center

Comment

thank you so much. I will talk to my dr with this info.

Comment

oh its great

thats Great thanks

Comment

Working...
              X