Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural anxiety Meds safe to take while bf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural anxiety Meds safe to take while bf?

I am nursing my 19 month old daughter and she nurses 3-4 times a day, which includes night time nursing as well. Recently I have had a lot of anxiety due to my husband being diagnosed with cancer. I am wondering what natural supplements may be safe to take while nursing her? Ive been looking at L-Theanine, Ashwagandha, Rhodiola Rosea. I've been trying to use lavender essential oil but it is not helping. Any advice on any supplements that are safe is appreciated.

Rejdab:

We generally do not answer questions on herbals as we, nor does anyone else, know if they are safe in a breastfeeding mother.

I would suggest you talk with your physician and see if he/she could help you. Most any antidepressant such as Zoloft or Lexapro or Buspar may be a great benefit to you in this horrible period.

Best of Luck. Hope it turns out well.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

I also forgot to ask, is NAC (N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine) 600 mg twice a day safe to take while breastfeeding? I saw a post about it years ago but wanted to know if there is any new updated information on it?

Comment

Working...
      X