Post Partum Anxiety Diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Partum Anxiety Diagnosis

Diagnosed with PPA at 8wks pp and was avoiding medication if I could help it. Now at 13w pp I'm doing worse than I was. I had a traumatic delivery and I think that is where the anxiety is coming from, I am in therapy, I would like to know what medications are recommended for short term use to help with the anxiety. I cannot take SSRI or SNRI due to having serotonin syndrome in my teens. I am also on 5/325mg hydrocodone for a chronic pain issue not pregnancy related as needed. I have taken it 4 times cumulatively pp.

Baby was premature born at 34.5 weeks and is 13wks old from birth would be 8 weeks old gestational.
    Last edited by AGrayGirl; 11-27-2017, 12:02 PM.

AGrayGirl,

We recommend speaking with your Dr about which medications he would recommend. Medications that are preferred and that are believed to transfer into milk minimally would be Buspar or Ativan (in low doses) if you are unable to take SSRI's or SNRI's.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Even if you're planning to take medications for short-term, I hope you do consult your physician.

Comment

Hi there, I agree that medications provide short term relief from anxiety. I think if you are serious about curing anxiety you need to contact your physician or you can also take the help of expert to cure your anxiety. My friend was also suffering from anxiety and she consulted to psychic reader martine-voyance who helped him in curing his anxiety. I think you can also try this.
        Last edited by stanleybro; 03-13-2018, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X