Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Skin lighting cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin lighting cream

I’m currently breastfeeding and wondering if it’s safe to use a skin lightening cream. The particular cream I have does not have hydroquione in it. The ingredients are:
    water
    glycerin
    ethyl alcohol
    arbutin
    niacinamide
    kojic acid
    mandelic acid
    azelaic acid
    glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract
    morus Alba root (mulberry) extract
    ß-white [butylene glycol
    hydrognated lectun
    sodium oleate
    oligopeptide-68
    disodium EDTA]
    sodium hyaluronate
    carbomer
    dimethyl MEA
    sodium hyaluronate
    acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer
    xanthum gum
    fragrance

I will be using it on a small area and my baby is 8 months old if that makes any difference.

Newmomma:

I don't see anything remotely toxic in this mix. Arbutin is just the natural source of hyidroquinone, which is the bleaching agent.

Wether arbutin is toxic in not known. But I think if its a small area, there's not much risk to a baby at 8 months postpartum.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X