Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Vyvanse 30mg and Welbutrin 150 mg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vyvanse 30mg and Welbutrin 150 mg

I have ADHD and I take 30 mg of Vyvanse and 150 mg of Welbutrin. I am basically a non-functional person without them and I just can't handle stopping at this point. Are these 2 meds safe to continue while pregnant? And if not, is there a generally safe recommended ADHD pill for pregnant women? Thanks.

Giardi:

The amount of Vyvanse (LISDEXAMFETAMINE) that enters milk is about 1.8% - 6.2% of the maternal dose. Hence if you can keep you dose low, the infant won't get a lot. Just observe for excitement, insomnia.

As for Wellbutrin, Bupropion is an older antidepressant with a structure unrelated to tricyclics. Human studies in breastfeeding women demonstrate only minimal amount of drug transfers into breast milk, less than 2% of maternal dose. However, two cases of possible seizure have been reported and the author has had at least 3 case reports in which bupropion may have suppressed the mothers milk supply.

Tom Hale Ph.d.

Comment

Working...
    X