Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Insomnia? What is safe to take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomnia? What is safe to take?

I have been having a horrible spell of insomnia. Asked pediatrician and obgyn if there was anything safe to take and they said nothing. I find that hard to believe. A lactation consultant suggested I come here and ask the question. Can I take Melatonin? The Doxylamine version of Unisom? Baby is 4 months old and sleeping through the night and doesn't feed from 9pm-6am nightly.

Kairbix:

Melatonin is probably safe in breastfeeding mothers as is doxylamine (just observe the infant for sedation). However, I must tell you that not breastfeeding from 9 PM to 6 am is a sure way to loose your milk supply. You really need to wake up during this time and pump, or you milk supply will fall.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X