Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

MRI pelvis/abdomen and CT of lung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRI pelvis/abdomen and CT of lung

Hello,
    I will be having MRI of abdomen and pelvis, as well as CT of lung with contrast tomorrow. (I believe both studies may be with IV contrast). When I called to ask about specifc type of IV contrast I was told "omnipaque sometimes referred to as iohexol." They are recommending 24 hour pump and dump. My daughter is 6 weeks old. Is this the recommended guideline?
    Thank you.

SBC77,

Omnipaque is rated L2-limited data-probably compatible. The amount transferred in breast milk is 0.49-0.59% of your dose. Based on kinetic data, the American College of Radiology suggests that it is safe for a mother to continue breastfeeding after receiving this iodinated X-ray contrast media.

I hope this helps.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
    X