Chicory root while pregnant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicory root while pregnant

Hello, I have GD, I found this protein chocolate powder from Bob Red Mills and it lists chicory root extract as an ingredient, the last in the list actually, would this be safe to drink during pregnancy?, I tried it and really liked it but since I have a history of premature labor I'm freaking out. Is the amount of chicory root in this kind of things dangerous to the fetus or can it be used during pregnancy?

Buttercup,

We do not recommend herbs during pregnancy. Herbs have not been studied enough to know the effects on the fetus, and could have cross contamination in processing. The chicory root according to the Natural Medicine database states that when used in excessive amounts could cause menstruation or a miscarriage. We do not know the amount of chicory it would take that would possibly cause this to happen. If you are prone to premature labor it is best to avoid using this herb during pregnancy.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Thank you, I will.that protein power was so good though lol! I really really appreciate the work you guys are doing, amazing!

Comment

Buttercup,

Thanks, Sandra

Comment

Working...
        X