Relora and PharmaGaba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relora and PharmaGaba

I occasionally take an all natural supplement that contains 500mg of Relora Propriety Blend which consists of Magnolia Extract Bark and Phellodendron Bark Extract. It also contains 100mg PharmaGaba Gamma Amino Butyric Acid per dose. This supplement is for stress, anxiety and to help me sleep. I took maybe two doses separately, shortly after conception before I knew I was pregnant. I am now 6 weeks pregnant, and haven't taken this supplement since finding out I was pregnant just days after missing my period. Anyway, I have not seen my OB yet, but haven't been able to find much information or research on the safety of these herbs and pregnancy. I reached out to the supplement company that makes the particular supplement I took but haven't heard back from anyone there yet. Should I be concerned about possible birth defects as well as the safety of my pregnancy after taking these herbs so early on in the developmental stages of my pregnancy?

MTshoehorse thanks for your post,

Unfortunately herbal supplements as a whole have insufficient safety data regarding pregnancy and lactation. Some of the ingredients listed in this herbal supplement could possibly be hazardous to a fetus when taken throughout a pregnancy, but we doubt the few times you took this supplement prior to knowing you were pregnant caused any harm to your unborn baby. I would suggest you speak to your OB Dr about medications he recommends that would be safe to use during pregnancy for your stress and anxiety. I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please call the InfantRisk Center at 806-352-2519. Thanks

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
    X