X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrazpv
    started a topic Thyrocsin

Thyrocsin

I am wanting to take Thyrocsin made by Thorn Reaseach for my hypothyroidsim. It says on the bottle to contact your healthcare provider before taking if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Most of the ingredients are just vitamins. I am most concerned about the L-tyrosine 500n mg and Ashwagandha extract 150 mg. Is this safe to take while nursing? My son is 2 and down to 3 feeds per day. Thank you.

• admin
    replied
    Sharon:

First, I'd speak with your obstetrician before using L-tyrosine. We are always very conservative about using ANY medication or supplement in a pregnant woman. That said, I doubt it will work anyway.

Tom Hale PhD.

Leave a comment:

• SharonWilkinson
    replied
    Skin Issues

Will it be safe to intake thyrocsin while pregnancy or it'll have any causes? What if I got side effects? Usually there is itchiness on my body and cellulites too. Will these problems reduce or induce more? Help me also. I know it is herbal but still complete knowledge is better than half knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• admin-james
    replied
    Hi, thanks for your post.

L-tyrosine is perfectly safe, but we don't have any data on the Ashwagandha extract. I also don't see any evidence for it being effective in treating any kind of thyroid disorder. It's not likely to be particularly dangerous for a 2 year old, but it's not likely to confer much benefit on you either. Whether you think the unknowns are worth it is up to you.

-James Abbey, MD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X