Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klonopin and pregnancy

Dr. Hale,

Hi, I have been taking Trazadone, Klonopin, effexor for the past 3 years to control 24/7 panic attacks. I recently found out i was pregnant so my docs told me to stop. I ended up in the ER last night due to my panic attacks coming back full force. They gave me Ativan and told me to continue my meds as normal and call my doc in the morn. I did and he didnt seem to concerned and told me i can wait till oct 10th for our appt. My question is Ive been told klonopin isnt the best for pregnancy but its the only thing that keeps me sain. I have weaned off before but ended up back on them. I dont know what to do at this point. Do i need to work towards weaning off them or do the benefits out way the risks in this case. Im trying to think level headed about this so the outcome can turn out a healthy mom and baby but the panic attacks are so debilitating and i dont sleep that I dont think i can do it without my meds. Please any help would be appreciated. Thank You

Dear kbenn5286,

Please call us at the InfantRisk Center. We need to discuss benefits and risks of these medications with you. Our phone number is 806-352-2519. We are open Monday through Friday, 8 to 5, CDT.

Sincerely,
    Cindy Pride, MSN, CPNP
    TTUHSC InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
    X