Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be pregnant

Hi,

I believe I am pregnant (has not been confirmed yet, but my period is now 2 weeks late, which is not normal for me), but I am concerned about my medications. I have struggled with depression for 15 years (since adolescence), and have tried many medications. Most recently, I have found success with a combo of Citalopram/Bupropion or Cymbalta/Bupropion (both have been effective, but switched when I lost insurance). Mostly, the medications allow me to be more functional (I tend to sleep too much & ignore responsibilities without them, and sometimes become more argumentative, but have never been a danger to myself or others), so I am wondering what the best regimen would be for pregnancy.

I have also been taking Singulair for my asthma, which I know nothing about re: pregnancy, and have been receiving allergy shots (also an unknown for me).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

mekmktk:

You best bet is to go see your obstetrician quickly. Don't change anything you're doing right now, except get some folic acid at the drugstore, or a good prenatal vitamin. Most obstetricians have favorite antidepressants, and they may or may not change you. These are all considered suitable choices for pregnant women, although Zoloft and Prozac are the most commonly used during pregnancy.

But I'd make an appointment and let them give you good advice.

Tom Hale Ph.d.

Comment

Working...
    X