zoloft and baby´s behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoloft and baby´s behavior

I´ve been taking zoloft 25 mg for 2 wks and breastfeeding. On the last 3 days my baby 2 m.o. has presenting dificulties to fall asleep. She doesn´t seen to have any other disconfort - as hungry, pain, cold or hot - but she does cry a lot when we try to make her sleep, gets nervous, and wakes up very quickly. Can that be related to the zoloft I´m taking???

Helena:

It difficult to know for certain. So little of this drug gets to the infant that I would suggest its probably something else. I'd suggest you consult your pediatrician, but I doubt it is the drug.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Actually, I´ve found out she is with colics. I feel they became more intense and often, instead of the opposite, that is expected once she is growing - 2 1/2 m.o. Probably due to gas - abdominal pain. I can feel and hear her intestine moving - and she screams and cries, moving the legs. This worsening of the symptons can be due to the zoloft? I´ve been taking the medication for anxiety and insomnia, but i´ve been very concerned about any harm this medication can cause to her, and those thoughts dont´let me get better with the anxiety. The pediatrician hasn´t seen any other cause.

Comment

I can feel and hear her intestine moving - and she screams and cries, moving the legs. This worsening of the symptons can be due to the zoloft? I´ve been taking the medication for anxiety and insomnia, but i´ve been very concerned about any harm this medication can cause to her/.

Comment

Haircare8h: Go see your pediatrician and discuss this with him/her.

Tom Hale Phd.

Comment

Working...
          X