Diflucan in first weeks of pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diflucan in first weeks of pregnancy

Just found out i am pregnant. HCG 110. Probably 3rd week since ovulation. Around 10th day past ovulation i had to treat an ugly candidosis with 5 doses of 150mg each of diflucan(fluconozaloe). Some were taken at 12hours interval others 24hours interval. I also used other vaginal cremes lile clotrimazole, fenticonazole, metronidazole, nistatin, cloramfenicol, hidrocortizon (some active ingredients were all in one internal vaginal ovule/creme). I worry that the baby can be sick. Around ovulation i also had a dental x-ray. The diflucan(fluconazole) worries me the most. Can my baby be sick because of all these drugs? I consider having a medical abortion for this reason only(the drugs i took). I also take concerta 54mg. I am really worried for the health of my baby. I stoped all the medicine but i am worried. I don't want to bring to the world a baby that suffers, i want a healthy baby that will love life and grow up beautifully.

Jannice:

Only the high doses of Fluconazole (Diflucan) >400-800 per day for long term have been found teratogenic.

Low doses no, certainly not the brief 5 day treatment you took.

Dental X-ray, is no problem, not ideal, but no problem since it is not near the fetus. None of the other creams are a problem. I'd relax. The baby is probably just fine.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

I had two yeast infections while pregnant with my son. I took the pill form of diflucan. He is a healthy three year old. I was more comfortable with the pill form because I really didn't want to insert anything vaginally. You should be fine taking it.

Comment

As long as there is a prescription with doctors, the pregnancy is safe and healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by bestellen View Post
          I had two yeast infections while pregnant with my son. I took the pill form of diflucan. He is a healthy three year old. I was more comfortable with the pill form because I really didn't want to insert anything vaginally. You should be fine taking it.
          You don't have insert anything vaginally because medicines are available in market. You can consult your doctor before having any drug.

Comment

Working...
          X