Linzess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linzess

Linzess- Can Linzess be taken during pregnancy? Has anyone taken it during pregnancy? I have tired mirlax and it doesn’t work. Linzess did wonders for me and my symptoms of Ibs-c
    thanks !!

Csgreen2005,

Linzess is rated a P3-Unknown risk to the fetus cannot be ruled out. "There are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women. In animal studies, adverse fetal effects were observed only with maternal toxicity and at doses much higher than the maximum recommended human dose. The potential to cause teratogenic effects was studied in rats, rabbits and mice. In mice, oral dose levels of at least 40,000 mcg/kg/day produced severe maternal toxicity including death, reduction of gravid uterine and fetal weights, and effects on fetal morphology. The maximum recommended human dose is approximately 5 mcg/kg/day, based on a 60-kg body weight, which is far less than 40,000 mcg/kg/day, which has shown teratogenic effects." (Medications and Mothers' Milk database, Dr Thomas Hale PhD).

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center

Comment

Csgreen:

One additional suggestion is Metamucil. It has been used for decades for IBSC.

Tom Hale Ph.d.

Comment

Any certain dose ? I notice it now comes in pill form.

Comment

Dose depends on you, but 2-3 heaping teaspoonfuls per day to swell the colon is a good place to start. The trick to reducing the pain in the colon is to expand it.

You can adjust your dose to whatever you want. The capsules are far to small in content to help.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
          X