DMAE Bitartraat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMAE Bitartraat

One of my clients was advised to use DMAE ( dimethyl-amino-ethanol) bitartraat. She has skinproblems.
    However in the directions for users it was stated that this product can not be used in pregnancy & during the breastfeedingperiod. This is very often the case in the Netherlands, in order to avoid claims etc.
    I can't find anything on this supplement anywhere. She wants to take 100mg daily and her child is 18 months old.
    I hope you can give us more information.
    Thank you in advance
    Martina Schippers

Dear Martina,

I spoke with Dr. Hale about DMAE. DMAE is a central nervous system stimulant that has been used in the past for treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder. The drug was withdrawn from the U.S. Market in 1983 due to an increased incidence of adverse heart, central nervous system, and psychological effects. Because of it's potential adverse effects especially on the Central Nervous System, he does not recommend using this medication during breastfeeding. If she has adult acne, she may want to talk with her physician about the use of topical clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide.

Sincerely,
    Cindy Pride, MSN, CPNP
    TTUHSC InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
    X