Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calcium Magnesium Foodstate supplement

Hi

I am still nursing my two year old infant day and night.

​​​I would like to take a Foodstate Calcium Magnesium supplement. Please could you tell me if the following one is safe to use-

​​​​​​Each tablet contains-

Foodstate Blend -
    Calcium Food Complex -618 mg
    Magnesium Food Complex - 309 mg
    Vitamin D - 400 iu
    Potassium - 3 mg
    Boron - 0.5 mg

I would be taking one tablet per night.

I already take 50 000 iu Vitamin D3 once per week for 6 months.

Thanks so much
    ​

Nikita Munro,

This is probably ok in an older child. You are still within normal limits of these supplements. We do not have much data on the boron. According to the Natural Medicine database boron is safe in lactation in low doses (less than 17-20mg). Vitamin D is probably ok because you still do not exceed 70,000 IUs in a week.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Thank you.
      ​Could you please ask Dr Hale for me, I am currently using a vaginal estrogen cream ( 50:50 Estriol, Estradiol ) each night. Apparently the Boron increases the estrogen blood levels. By interacting with the Estrogen.

if this is true is it still safe for me to take the Calcium, Magnesium, Boron supplement referred to above?

Thanks so much.

Comment

Thank you.
        ​Could you please ask Dr Hale for me, I am currently using a vaginal estrogen cream ( 50:50 Estriol, Estradiol ) each night. Apparently the Boron increases the estrogen blood levels. By interacting with the Estrogen.

if this is true is it still safe for me to take the Calcium, Magnesium, Boron supplement referred to above? Or will this mean that my infant is receiving too much Estrogen?

Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
        X