Stress Formula Multivitamins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress Formula Multivitamins

Have a mother who would like to take Rexall Stress formula Multivitamin. I can only find 2/3 of ingredients.. Any experience with these?

Dear Mollyscarb,

Rexall Stress formula multivitamins apparently include a variety of vitamin formulations. There is a prenatal vitamin on their website so the information I am giving below is about the ingredients in that formulation. Dr. Hale recommends on vitamins to stay within the RDA (recommended daily allowance) established by the Food and Drug Administration. For example, in the Rexall formulation the amount of panthothenic acid is 20 mg. The RDA for panthothenic acid for breastfeeding women is 7 mg daily; therefore, the Rexall formulation is almost three times the RDA. There are also a variety of herbal supplements including ginger root, red raspberry and stinging nettle leaf in the Rexall product. Dr. Hale states that there are literally thousands of herbal products and teas used today. Many are safe and some are unsafe for breastfeeding mothers. Consult an authority in herbal products before ingesting these drugs while pregnant or breastfeeding. There is a lack of data in LactMed on the safety of these supplements also. The mother may want to consult with her physician about recommendations for prenatal vitamins. We do not recommend herbal supplements in general due to the lack of safety data. You may call the InfantRisk Center at 806-352-2519 if you have further questions. We are open Monday through Friday, 8 to 5, CDT.

Sincerely,
    Cindy Pride, MSN, CPNP
    TTUHSC InfantRisk Center

Comment

Multivitamins are generally used for keeping our mind and body calm and relaxed. Most of the multivitamin are anti aging and anti stress to keep people away from daily life stress.

Comment

Multivitamins are a combination of many different vitamins which are normally found in food and some other natural sources.

Comment

Yes I take a multivitamin; it's called Executive Stress Formula B - though I'm not an executive and don't suffer stress. It just happens to contain all the Bs, plus minerals and some herbs. The plain 'multivitamin' pills tend to contain vit D, that I don't need and which mostly is from an animal source. However I'm in Australia and perhaps our supplements are different to yours.

Comment

Working...
          X