Foot/toenail fungus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot/toenail fungus

i have a case of foot fungus/ athlete’s foot and toenail fungus on several nails. I would like to treat with this product. Is this safe for extended (3-4 months or more) daily use while pregnant and breastfeeding?

Purely Northwest Foot and Toenail System with 16 oz Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak, 9 fl oz Antifungal Wash and 1 fl oz ReNew Nail Solution [url]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PWYG4X6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZqFDAb034HRXW[/url]

TEA TREE FOOT SOAK: Epsom Salt, Dead Sea Salt, MSM, Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint Oil, Cajuput Oil, Camphor Oil, Rosemary Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, & Lavender Oil. ANTIFUNGAL WASH: Aqua, Aloe Vera, Sodium lauryl & laureth sulfate, Australian Tea Tree Oil, Oregano Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Rosemary Oil, Peppermint Oil, cocamide dea, cocamidopropyl betaine & Alantic Sea Kelp. RENEW NAIL SOLUTION: Tea Tree Oil, Oregano Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Rosemary Oil, Jojoba Oil

Deanne,

These products contain herbal ingredients that we do not have much information on. Herbal products are not FDA regulated the same as pharmaceuticals meds are. According to the Natural Medicine database most of the ingredients listed above state that there is "insufficient reliable information available avoid using" for pregnancy or breastfeeding. An example being that when camphor is applied to broken skin it could result in systemic absorption and toxicity. We do not have any information on how much of the listed ingredients above could transfer into breast milk, or if they could cross the placental barrier and possibly cause harm to the fetus. So because of the "unknown" we are unable to advise on the safety of these products.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Originally posted by Deanne View Post
      i have a case of foot fungus/ athlete’s foot and [URL="https://www.protectair.eu/fungal-nail-treatment"]toenail fungus on several nails[/url]. I would like to treat with this product. Is this safe for extended (3-4 months or more) daily use while pregnant and breastfeeding?

Purely Northwest Foot and Toenail System with 16 oz Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak, 9 fl oz Antifungal Wash and 1 fl oz ReNew Nail Solution [url]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PWYG4X6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZqFDAb034HRXW[/url]

TEA TREE FOOT SOAK: Epsom Salt, Dead Sea Salt, MSM, Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint Oil, Cajuput Oil, Camphor Oil, Rosemary Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, & Lavender Oil. ANTIFUNGAL WASH: Aqua, Aloe Vera, Sodium lauryl & laureth sulfate, Australian Tea Tree Oil, Oregano Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Rosemary Oil, Peppermint Oil, cocamide dea, cocamidopropyl betaine & Alantic Sea Kelp. RENEW NAIL SOLUTION: Tea Tree Oil, Oregano Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Rosemary Oil, Jojoba Oil
      The only thing I could find on this is from Europe and they seem to be ok with the tea tree oil... but all the other ingrediënts are not listed on those products. Any more specific advice?

Comment

Working...
      X