Clorzoxazona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clorzoxazona

How long should I wait to nurse my 28 months old after taking this medication?Clorzoxazona. She is 28 months old, and I really need a muscle relaxant for my neck since noting is working, if not, any other recommendation for muscle relaxer?, please help!

ButterCup:

This product is not ideal for a breastfeeding mother/infant, as its molecular weight is low, and it is 100 % orally bioavailable. A preferred medication would be Metaxalone, or maybe cyclobenzaprine.

That said, I doubt there is much problem with a 28 month old infant. First, the amount of milk she is getting is minimal, and secondly, she can probably metabolize the small amounts of drug better than you can. So I'd suggest you try it and watch your child for sedation. I doubt you'll see it.

Tom Hale R.Ph., Ph.d.

Comment

Buttercup,

Chlorzoxazone is rated an L4- no data- possibly hazardous. No studies were located on the transfer of chlorzoxazone into breastmilk. Because of the low molecular weight, and being 100 % orally bioavailable, chlorzoxazone is not recommended for breastfeeding mothers. A preferred medication would be Metaxalone(Skelaxin).

Skelaxin is rated an L3-no data-probably compatible. We do not know how much transfers into breast milk, but it has a short half-life of 2-3 hours, so take it right after breastfeeding and wait at least 2-3 hours before feeding again and it will probably be ok. Monitor your child for sedation, vomiting, gastrointestinal upset.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
      InfantRisk Center
      806-352-2519

Comment

Thank you both, I can't find the other one suggested, I live in Dominican Republic, Dr. Hale, so you think it would be fine to give Clorzoxazona a try?, I was reading it has very short life, is that good?, or does it stays lingering around?,mshould I pump and dump? I'm really desperate with this neck pain that won't budge.mthNk you so much for your help!

Comment

Working...
        X