Mercury detox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury detox

I have a client who had Electrodermal Screening (EDS), testing positive for heavy metal toxicity. She was given homeopathic remedies to take as a mercury detox but wants to know if doing this during breastfeeding is harmful for the baby. Her baby is 8 months old now. Back in April 2013 before she became pregnant with this child, she had a mercury level done and it was 14. During this pregnancy, she said her blood levels went down to normal.
    I have heard that EDS testing is not very accurate but I would still love to know if a homeopathic mercury detox is OK during breastfeeding.
    Thanks in advance,
    Annie

What specific compounds were used in this detox and in what concentrations?

Comment

There are three remedies, each in 4oz bottles. Each bottle contains equal parts (3ml) of each ingredient, each ingredient has five potencies (14X, 20X, 30X, 100X, 200X)
      Instructions: 1/4 capful once in am and pm.
      #1 - Allium cepa, allium sativum, ambrosia artemiseafolia, berberis vulgaris, charduus, marianus, chelidonium majus, collinsonia canadensis, cynara scolymus, petroselinum satvium, trifolium pratense
      #2 - Aceticum acidum, adenosine triphoshate, alpha lipoicum adicum, citricum acidum, Coenzyme A, CoQ10, DNA, Fumaricum acidum, lacticum acidum, nicotinamide adenine dinucelotide, oxalicum acidum, succinicum acidum
      #3 - (this is the one most likely to be the detox) Argentum metallicum, Chlorinum, Cuprum metallicum, Flouride, Mercuris solubilis, Niccolum metallicum, stannum metallicum, zincum metallicum
      Thank you!
      Annie

Comment

Hi, thanks for your post.

I agree that EDS testing is not very accurate. I believe the homeopathic detox is likely harmless, but the bigger question is the potential for mercury exposure in the baby. If the mother thinks it is possible that she has elevated mercury in her blood, then she needs to seek out a blood test to assess how bad the problem is. If the level really is high, she needs to give some serious thought as to how she is getting exposed to the heavy metal in the first place. No detox, homeopathic or otherwise, will be effective without first getting away from the source of the contamination. If her levels come back normal, she can stop the detox and the problem is solved. If the level is significantly elevated, the actual mercury is probably the biggest breastfeeding issue. We can discuss specifics when you have more information.

Please call us at the InfantRisk Center if you have any followup questions about specific medications. (806)352-2519

-James Abbey, MD

Comment

Working...
        X