копаксон и кормление грудью

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• копаксон и кормление грудью

who has experience of destination lactating women Copaxone? long-term results? that children? if it is safe for children?

Dear Remba

Glatiramer (Copaxone) is a synthetic polypeptide indicated for the treatment of relapsing, remitting multiple sclerosis. It is antigenically similar to myelin basic protein, a natural component of the myelin sheath of neurons. No data are available on transfer of glatiramer into milk, however it is highly unlikely due to its large molecular weight 4,700 to 13,000 daltons. It is probably okay to use during breastfeeding.

We have had 2 maternal case reports of infants that itch and scratch their face when breastfeeding shortly after the mother takes glatiramer. I would suggest pumping and discarding milk after glatiramer administration and then waiting 2 hours before breastfeeding.

Tassneem Abdel Karim MD
    InfantRisk Center

Comment

thanks, I read this on your forum.

but I wanted to hear the answer not the admin, but doctors nursing mothers, and no one answered
      Last edited by Remba; 02-06-2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

REmba:

No one has any data on the use in breastfeeding mothers. We are almost certain that it does not penetrate the milk compartment, and that if any did enter milk, it would be instantly digested by the infant.

But we have NO data to support this comment.

Tom Hale Ph.D.
        Professor

Comment

Working...
        X