Amalgam removal & breastfeeding 5.5 month old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amalgam removal & breastfeeding 5.5 month old

I am currently nursing my full term 5.5 month old. I have a chipped tooth that has a very large amalgam filling that needs to be removed. I understand Dr Hales recomendation to use rubber dam, oxygen and cold water irrigation and strong suction to minimize mercury exposure. Do you think a general dentist, using these precautions can safely remove it or do you recomend the additional precautions holistic/biologic dentists use. I do not believe in everything that biologic dentist believe in but I am very afraid of exposing my baby. Thanks!

Ifynnthompson:

I'm sorry, but I think you should discuss this with your personal dentist. Surely they would know how to use a rubber dam and use strong suction. Other than this, I can't really help you.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Thank you Dr. Hale. I have discussed it with my dentist he is able to follow your recomendations as it is standard of care. The biologic dentists implement additional measures like covering your eyes and hair and giving you supplements before and after to assist mercury leaving your body. I wasn't sure if all that was necessary.

Comment

Working...
      X