Botox & Breastfeeding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botox & Breastfeeding

Hello! I have read numerous posts on here, but was hoping to find additional reassurance. I had received Botox injections 2+ days ago for my hyperhidrosis in my underarms. I have had this procedure 20+ times over the years without any issues and skipped treatment while pregnant, but never considered the potential risk while breastfeeding. In other posts I have read that the chance of transmission to breast milk is low, but I was wondering if that was still the case for the larger amounts/units needed for this procedure? I was also wondering if the treatment area in proximity to my breasts (since it’s closer than injections to the face) could increase my risk of transmission? My LO is 3 weeks old and I’ve been using a combination of stored milk and formula since the treatment, however we are close to running out and I’d like to know if we can resume breastfeeding or if we need to switch to formula 100%? Lastly, are there any signs that I should be aware of if transmission were to occur?

Thank you in advance from a stressed out new mom.

The only signs are those of botulism below. Again, I have yet to hear of any such complications in the dozens if not hundreds of such calls.

Tom Hale Ph.D.
    • Constipation, which is often the first sign.
    • Floppy movements due to muscle weakness and trouble controlling the head.
    • Weak cry.
    • Irritability.
    • Drooling.
    • Drooping eyelids.
    • Tiredness.
    • Difficulty sucking or feeding.

Comment

Working...
    X