Bonjesta (morning sickness medication) and nursing 16 month old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonjesta (morning sickness medication) and nursing 16 month old

My obgyn prescribed bonjesta (a morning sickness medication) to be taken once before bedtime but I’m currently nursing my 16 month old and wanted to know if it was safe to continue nursing while taking the drug. I took diclegis while pregnant with my daughter and continued nursing my son (who was around 14 months) at the time.

Doe12:

Bonjesta contains Doxylamine + pyridoxine in a prolonged released preparation has been extensively studied in pregnant women for many years; however, it has recently been released for a second time for use in the USA. There has been a vast clinical experience (> 33 million pregnancies worldwide) regarding the use of a combination of doxylamine succinate, pyridoxine hydrochloride with or without dicyclomine hydrochloride in this population. A second meta-analysis, conducted by Einarson et al. incorporated 12 cohort and 5 case-control studies. No statistically significant relationships were found between first trimester use of the combination doxylamine succinate, pyridoxine hydrochloride with or without dicyclomine hydrochloride and fetal abnormalities.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X