Breastfeeding and hairloss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breastfeeding and hairloss

Any nursing moms out there that's experiencing hairloss and taking Biosil? My lactation consultant says it's likely safe but I should check this site, but the product website says not take it unless it's been approved by a medical professional. Can anyone offer any advice or insight? My hair is thin to begin with and losing hair on top of that is freaking me out!! Please help!!

Misinformation from the pediatrician. Postpartum shedding is temporary, generally lasting for a month or two. Regrowth begins as soon as the old hair is shed. Watch your hairline- I bet you'll see a new crop of short, fine hairs springing up within a month or so.

Shedding has NOTHING to do with breastfeeding, milk supply, or your menstrual cycle. Formula-feeding moms will shed just as much as breastfeeding moms. During pregnancy, shedding is inhibited, which is why pregnant women are often complimented on their lustrous, full hair. But shedding resumes in the postpartum period, at which point you will not only shed a typical amount of hair, but also all that hair you kept during pregnancy! Boo!

I encourage you to think of your breastfeeding, non-menstruating body as NORMAL. Until the invention of reliable contraceptives, women were pregnant or breastfeeding for pretty much their entire lives. A woman might have a few periods in between menarche and her first pregnancy, a few periods several years later when her older child was weaning but before the woman got pregnant with her next child, and then that pattern would continue until the woman's fertility declined, at which point she might have a few more erratic periods before reaching menopause. Having a monthly period is NOT NORMAL, biologically speaking. In fact, until reliable contraceptives were invented, the ONLY women who had months periods were nuns and spinsters.

Comment

Breastfeeding delays your mentrual periods, which is really a great time for every women after their pregnancy. Few periods may occur between this phase, you can use menstrual cups during periods by recommending with the doctor, to stay more comfortable and relax, you may check it from cupissima.com

Comment

Originally posted by amandahuper View Post
        Breastfeeding delays your mentrual periods, which is really a great time for every women after their pregnancy. Few periods may occur between this phase, you can use menstrual cups during periods by recommending with the doctor, to stay more comfortable and relax, you may check it from cupissima.com
        Yeah i agreed and that is the best thing to do [url]http://www.top100songscenter.com/[/url]
        Last edited by bradyvictor140; 11-07-2015, 02:11 AM.

Comment

My home lady not got any complication with breastfeeding but actually thats beneficial for her health in many ways.

Comment

I thought that hair loss after pregnancy was pretty normal. I know that I barely lost any hair while I was pregnant (and I normally shed a lot!), then at about 3 months PP, I really started to lose more of it, and I think it's just started to slow down in the past month or so. I don't think breastfeeding has anything to do with it - the same thing happened to my friend, who is formula-feeding her baby. Again, I don't have anything scientific to support this-hopefully someone will come along with more info!

Comment

To reduce hair fall take hot oil massage on your hair. Also include beetroot juice in your diet as it completes your nutritional deficiency that causes the hair fall. You can also check about the hair beauty supply online products that can reduce your hair fall. Iron rich foods can also prove beneficial to prevent you from this problem. You can also check this out [url]http://www.ehairwig.com/index.php/hair-care.html[/url] to find about the products that will make your hair healthy.

Comment

Hair loss you are facing is temporary & you will get your natural hair back soon. So there is no reason to use Biosil for compulsion. You can try home remedies to aid hair growth faster.

Comment

Working...
                X