Garcinia cambogia & breastfeeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcinia cambogia & breastfeeding

Hi I am nursing my 7 month old baby and I am also taking garcinia cambogia for about 2 weeks only 2 pills one time a day bottle requires 2 pills 3 times a day but i only do 2 a day. In bottle says not to consume while breastfeeding so i did my research and i found out that they dont want you to take carcinia while Bf becasue could suppress baby's appettite but i have no problem at all with my baby, she eats all her foods and doesnt seem to be hungry at all. Also i have a friend who nurses her son and takes garcinia and rasberry ketone together with the approval of babys doctor.
    So what do you think about me taking those pills while nursing my 7 month old baby ? like i said baby doesnt show any signs of not being hungry at all . she nurses 3 times a day and eats 2 times a day solids food .

Hi, thanks for your post.

The safety of Garcinia extracts in breastfeeding has not been studied, nor has the effect of incidental exposure in babies. Without data, it is difficult to make a recommendation. We do know that Garcinia interacts negatively with some medications and can be a health hazard in those cases. If you choose to use this supplement, make sure you see your pediatrician regularly.

Please call us at the InfantRisk Center if this has not completely answered your question. (806)352-2519

-James Abbey, MD

The following reference may be useful to your physician if he or she needs more information:

https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/databases/food,-herbs-supplements/g/garcinia/professional.aspx

Comment

Working...
    X