Bydureon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bydureon

I saw that it's been a few years since there have been any posts about Bydureon. Just wondering if there's any new data available about its safety. I'm breastfeeding my 24 lb 7 month old and I would like to go back on Bydureon, but I don't want to take any chances with his health. My endocrinologist is leaving it to me to decide if I'm comfortable going back on it, so I want to make sure I have all the current information. Thank you!

sshep10:

Bydureon is a small peptide, which is probably far to large to be transferred into human milk. The plasma levels of this product are extraordinarily low, and thus the transfer into human milk is probably much lower. It would be unlikely that this product would enter milk in clinically relevant amounts, nor would it be orally bioavailable in infants. But as yet, we have no data in breastfeeding mothers and caution is recommended if this product is used.

For other readers, be slightly more cautious the first week postpartum before onset of mature milk, but in your case this is not a problem at 7 months.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Bydureon is the type 2 of diabetec treatment.But it will not use in type 1 diabetec.A kidney paitent don't use this.
      Just make sure that,this medicine is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have

[url=http://www.100homeremedies.com/home-remedies-canker-sores.html]Home Remedies for Canker Sores - Causes & Symptoms[/url]
      Last edited by jameshenry; 11-16-2015, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X