Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Appt Tomorrow for pursuit of re-initiating ADHD treatment

I have an appointment tomorrow with my OB/GYN
    Been off medication for 2 years and 7 months, this has been horrible, snappy, frustrated, unable to do my house chores, and do simple mail and bill paying.
    Im meeting with my Ob/gyn tomorrow he is not a psychiatrist but there are a few mothers that have had Adhd treatment continued there or managed there whilst pregnant and possibly breastfeeding.

I have childhood onset and 57 pages so far of medical records, for treatment of add with no mention of Hyperactive

My question is Will they call you to verify the safety?Is that usual protocol?
    Could you answer my questions on here I can print off. I can not order the Thomas Hale book-and get it by Tomorrow at 8am.

Before i became pregnant i was on 30 mg xr adderall
    and wellbutrin.

I am breastfeeding a 3 month old. I can not keep up daily tasks (basic ones) husband is becoming caretaker of me i could go on...

Im trying to express that I have to do something and its worth it for me (risk to benefit)

I CAN SUPPLEMENT formula AT NIGHT I AM A DIEHARD BREASTFEEDER BUT HAVE REALIZED I AM NO HELP
    AND COUNSELING OUT THE GOOD THAT IM DOING BY BREASTFEEDING AND BEING SO DISTRACTED-being so helpless

I have burnt so many foods, locked myself out, and left my car door open over night after unloading groceries, I'm getting very good sleep, my son sleeps all day and all night i wake him to feed him.

Currently I drink 4 cups of strong coffee a day and still doing great sleep wise.

With ALL that being said:
    10 or 20 mg of Instant release should be better than Vyvanse (because Vyvanse is constant?) and before stopping treatment
    I was on the 30 mg XR so IR instant release 3 times a day in low dose should be good enough.
    I don't have to take it everyday but things have to get better, I am not depressed, I am frustrated
    and torn because I would like to continue breastfeeding from now (4 month old on december 29th) to a years old or more.

Addmom32:

Consult with your physician first, then call us concerning the medication you doctor suggests.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

​PCP prescribed 75 mg of wellbutrin
      I have it in hand now.

Psychiatrist said she would prescribe 25mg Adderall IR as that is what is in my past records (with also wellbutrin)

I told her not to send it in to pharmacist because the app I baught online for medical health care professionals says
      it is a L3 and suggests Ritalin. I told her I was concerned and would reschedule after taking the wellbutrin and come back for the other prescription

To avoid filling a prescription only to not take it and need another one but have to wait 30 days.(controlled substance)
      I rescheduled an appt for tuesday (this will be after allowing the wellbutrin to work)
      is there a direct line or email to you, That she can call.
      The infant risk center app is very helpful.
      I have a 5 month old (in 10days)
      We will be starting him on Breastmilk combined with rice cereal.
      and on month 6 more solids

What is the risk for me taking 75mg wellbutrin
      (my husband is concerned about autism but i think that study was only for prenatal usage and not conclusive)

What is the percentage in milk for the 5-10 mg of Adderall IR per day
      and peak time.

What are the alternatives to these two medicines since they are both L3

I was hoping for L2 but again its important that it works and the neurobehavioral health of my children.

Comment

The app says 2.46% to 7.245 for Adderall
        but the app says 5-60 mg
        and it will likely just be 5mg

Wellbutrin is 8-24 hours and relative infant dose is 0.2-1.98%

I don't know what the combined exposure is

Or a good time to take the medicine.

Comment

Working...
        X