Adderal XR 30 MG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adderal XR 30 MG?

Well, I thought I had done my research and done it well before starting treatment for my mental health illnesses. I am currently on three medications (Topamax 75mg 1x/day (started it first, baby showed no effects) Ativan .5 mg up to 3x/ day (really don't take this unless I absolutely 100% feel I need it, and even then the baby has shown no side effects) and Adderal IR 10 MG 2x/ day.) The IR formula hasn't been working for me so my doctor wrote me a script for XR, 30 MG. My 8.5 month old daughter hasn't shown any hyperactivity (well, more than usual), weight loss, loss of appetite (quite the opposite actually, which I am assuming is the 8 month growth spurt), irritability, etc... but there is one thing she has been doing a lot of- spitting up. We started her on solids around 5 months and I started the adderall when she was about 7.5 months. She has been spitting up more frequently in the past two weeks that we've noticed, before then it never was something that was frequent enough to be noticeable. It is clear and foul smelling, not the color of milk nor does it usually have large remnants of solids in it. Could this be the adderall or am I beating myself up for getting help over nothing? Is it just a typical thing that babies go through when they start becoming more mobile? Thank you so much for all that you do, by the way!

-Concerned first time mom

Oh and I tried ritalin at a younger age but it made me sleepy with a racing heart so that was out of the question fast... =/

Comment

Dear mrsmks,

None of the medications you are taking are known to cause vomiting but any medication has potential to cause adverse reactions in an individual. You should consult your pediatrician about this new symptom so he/she may determine whether any treatment needs to be started. The time your medications are highest in your breastmilk are as follows: Adderall XR two and one-half hours, Ativan two hours, and Topamax four hours. Waiting past those times to breastfeed would reduce the risk of either sedation (Topamax and Ativan) or agitation/poor weight gain (Adderall). If you have further questions, please call the InfantRisk Center at 806-352-2519. We are open Monday through Friday, 8 to 5, CDT.

Sincerely,
      Cindy Pride, MSN, CPNP
      TTUHSC InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
      X