BF and Ketanserin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF and Ketanserin

Earlier I posted this question in another subforum and I didn't get an answer, so I post it again under this maybe more appropriate subforum. Or maybe I must look up the answer elsewhere; I am not very familiar with fora on the internet...

Ketensin/Ketanserine/prostrakan
    Recently I got a mail about kentensin. An anti- hypertensivum, in the Netherlands very common for use in HELLP-patients. Is this medicine compatable with BF? In our hospital it was never an issue before ,but I got this mail from a mum who was earlier in an universityhospital en there she was told it is not compatabile. So, she pumped and dumped the colostrum. I didn't find any data about ketensin in MMM 2011. I you have any data can you please inform me about the RID, PB, MW, and the M/P.

Thank you very much.

Greetings Erica Stapper IBCLC
    (sorry English is not my native language, I apolygize for mistakes I've made)

Erica:

I'm sorry, but I've looked everywhere for the pharmacology of Ketensin and I can't find anything. Its not available in the USA. I've even asked for this data from the Pharmaceutical firm but not answer now for weeks.

If you can find a package insert or such data. Please send it to me.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Package insert ketanserin

Dr Hale, I have this package insert. I can scan it and send it to you in PDF? If you give me your mailadres, the sending will be easily and quick. Ketanserin is a selective serotonine 5- HT2-receptor blocker.
      Of course the pack.insert is in dutch. Important interpretations of the text, based on words as "not", or "weak" or "at the same time" etc. I can translate for you if you want.

Erica Stapper
      IBCLC, RN

Comment

Erica:

Since it is not in English, makes it really difficult. Perhaps you could find an english version on the internet over there somewhere.

I'd suggest you scan it into a PDF and email to infantrisk@ttuhsc.edu

Tom Hale

Comment

Working...
        X