Singulair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singulair

I've just been prescribed singulair for asthma and allergies. Baby is 10 months old, nursing 6 times a day, and getting 3 meals of solid food. Am I ok to take the singulair?

Hi, thanks for your post.

There aren't any published studies that specifically examine Singulair secretion into breastmilk. This drug does not have many side effects and is often used in treating young children (6 months to 5 years old) at a dose of 4 mg / day. The chemical properties of the drug suggest that not much will get into your milk, certainly far less than the therapeutic dose we would give directly to a child like yours. Also, older babies get significantly less breastmilk relative to their body weight than when they are exclusively breastfeeding. All in all, this should be a very safe med for your situation.

For anyone reading this, please post again or call us at the InfantRisk Center, (806)352-2519, if this has not completely answered your question. I would also appreciate you filling out a 2 minute survey about your time on the forum:

https://tthsclubbock.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bJzhyKVSivVkQZL&Counselor=Web

-James Abbey, MD

Comment

Working...
    X