starting effexor xr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting effexor xr

I have been taking Zoloft 50 mg for anxiety which unfortunately has not been helping. My doctor wants to put me back on effexor xr 37.5 mg which I have had success with in the past and even took it for a period during my pregnancy. My son is 6 months old and breastfed. He is starting to eat solids about once a day now. I am really struggling with the decision to continue breastfeeding after making this change. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dear fleanavgirl;

Your dose of Effexor (venlafaxine) XR is low. Only small amounts of the medication enter breastmilk, and your infant is old enough to process medications well now reducing the risk to your infant. The time the medication is highest in your breastmilk is five and one half hours to 9 hours after you take your dose so try to avoid breastfeeding during that time. Observe your infant for sedation. If you have further questions, you may call the InfantRisk Center at 806-352-2519. We are open Monday through Friday, 8 to 5, CT.

Sincerely,
    Cindy Pride, MSN, CPNP
    TTUHSC InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
    X