Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upped setraline and klonopin

Hi,
    My doctor upped my setraline (anitdepressant) to 100 mg and switched me from lorazapam (2mg) to Klonopin (up to 3 mg a day). My daughter that I am breastfeeding is almost 15 months. I only nurse her when I get home from work and thru the night. She is not interested in weening. I take my doses in the morning and she doesn't nurse in the morning. Is it still safe to continue breastfeeding at night? How long is it my system? Should I stop breastfeeding all together? Thank you so much for your help!!!

Many mothers have taken both of these meds without problems. The published studies tell us that sedation in babies is mild and rare when exposed to these drugs. If you do not notice any change in your child's behavior (such as having difficulty waking up), then you are in the clear. Toddlers drink much less milk relative to their body weight than infants and their ability to handle incidental medication exposure is similar to an adult.

Please call us at the InfantRisk Center if this has not completely answered your question.*(806)352-2519

-James Abbey, MD

Comment

Working...
    X