Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexapro and Klonopin with10.5 month old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexapro and Klonopin with10.5 month old?

I was prescribed 10 mg of Lexapro when my daughter was 6 weeks old as well as .5 mg of Klonopin (which I only took at night to assist with the extreme anxiety related insomnia I was suffering from.) I was prescribed Lexapro over Zoloft because it worked well for me in previous depressive episodes. I was able to wean off the Klonopin all together after a month and continued to take the Lexapro for an additional 5 months. I have been med free for 4+ months now but recently started experiencing the anxiety-related insomnia again. My daughter is now 10.5 months, nurses twice per day (once in the evening and once first thing in the morning) and receives 2 pumped breast milk bottles during the day. Is taking a .5 mg dose of Klonopin at night before bed for a little while safe? Or should I speak to my psychiatrist about going back on Lexapro? I guess I'm wondering which is safer for my daughter. She sleeps through the night so night feedings are no longer an issue. Thank you in advance for any information.

HKR:

I'd suggest you need to talk with your doctor about your meds, but after 10 months and only limited breastfeeding, she is at very little risk from these two meds. I'd use the klonopin at bedtime as you need, but you might want to talk with your doctor about using Lexapro continuously to prevent this anxiety.

Tom Hale PH.D.

Comment

Working...
    X