Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn out formula and estrogen cream saftey

Dear Dr Hale

The doctor has prescribed the following four things for me. Please could you advise me on the safety of taking them whilst I am still breastfeeding my 2 year old infant many times day:
    ​​
    1. Vitamin D3 - 50 000 iu once a week for a month. Do I need to wait any period of hours after taking this to nurse?

2. Foodstate Burnout formula. Below is a list of the ingredients. I need to take two tablets every morning.

Ingredients per tablet

Vitamin B1 1.25mg, Vitamin B2 1.5mg, Vitamin B6 1.5mg, Vitamin B12 0.075mg, Folic Acid 0.05mg, Niacinamide 5,g, Pantothenic acid 5mg, Vitamin C 12.5mg; Tyrosine 100mg; Rhodiola Rosea 50mg; Siberian ginseng 100mg; Gotu Kola 25,g; Avena sativa 50mg; Licorice root 125mg; Reishi Mushroom 25mg; Cordyceps extract 25mg.

3. A cream compounded specifically for me to use vaginally every night until I stop breastfeeding. It contains the following ingredients:

Estriol, Estradiol at 80:20, Testosterone 0.25 per cent, Gaba 2 g, Emla 5 g all in a Nutraderm base

4. Euythrox 25 mg daily

​​​​​​​Thanks so much. I really appreciate your help.

Nikita Munro,

The doctor has prescribed the following four things for me. Please could you advise me on the safety of taking them whilst I am still breastfeeding my 2 year old infant many times day:
    ​​
    1. Vitamin D3 - 50 000 iu once a week for a month. Do I need to wait any period of hours after taking this to nurse?

This is safe to use once a week, no waiting period required.

2. Foodstate Burnout formula. Below is a list of the ingredients. I need to take two tablets every morning.

In general we do not recommend the safety of herbal products as they have not been studied, they are not FDA regulated, they could have cross contamination in processing, and depending on where they are
    cultivated they could contain heavy metals like lead or mercury. The Gotu Kola has been associated with liver toxicity. Ginseng has been associated with intoxication that can lead to death in newborns, we do not know how much transfers into breast milk or if it could cause harm to older infants.

3. A cream compounded specifically for me to use vaginally every night until I stop breastfeeding. It contains the following ingredients:

Estriol, Estradiol at 80:20, Testosterone 0.25 per cent, Gaba 2 g, Emla 5 g all in a Nutraderm base

Dr Hale does not recommend using this product while breastfeeding mostly because of the testosterone.

4. Euythrox 25 mg daily

Euythrox (Levothyroxine) is rated an L1-limited data- probably compatible. It may transfer some, but the amount is believed to be extremely low.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

​​​​​​​

Comment

Following from above, Thank you, I won't use the burn out formula. Regarding the cream, if they make it up without the Testosterone will it be safe to use or is there another ingredient in it which is not safe to nurse with?

So it would contain - Estriol, Estradiol at 80:20, Gaba 2 g, Emla 5 g all in a Nutraderm base

Thanks so much

Comment

Nikita Munro,

Testosterone was the main concern, but he was also concerned about the large dose of GABA and how much might be absorbed vaginally, and the effects it could have on the infant.

Sandra Lovato

Comment

Thank you! I will ask them to make up the cream without the Testosterone and without the Gaba in it. Should they also leave out the Emla 5 g or is that ok?

I also wanted to double check with you - the Vitamin D3 supplement above is 50 000 ( fifty thousand) iu once a week ( not just 5000 iu) - is that really ok? It seems a very large dose.

Last of all I wanted to ask you if you know of any burnout/ adrenal fatigue formulas which are safe for nursing mom's to use given that the above one I queried is not?

Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

Nikita,

Emla is ok and yes the 50,000 IU once a week of Vit d 3 is ok.

Sandra

Comment

Working...
            X