Tinidazole and Tioconazole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinidazole and Tioconazole

Hello! I should use vaginal suppository which contain 100mg Tinidazole and 150mg Tioconazole 7 days. Should I stop breastfeeding? My baby is 6 months. Now I have stopped but it is very difficult. Many thanks for you help!

Olga:

About 12.2% of an INTRAVENOUS dose of Tinidazole transfers into human milk. I doubt that the vaginal use would produce levels anywhere close to this since the reported bioavailability is only 10%.

As for Tioconazole, the systemic absorption following vaginal application, is virtually nil ( < 2.9%). I doubt that either of these drugs are a problem when used vaginally for an infant of 6 month. But we don't really have much data, and none on the vaginal use of these drugs.

Tom Hale Ph.D.
    Professor

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Olga:

About 12.2% of an INTRAVENOUS dose of Tinidazole transfers into human milk. I doubt that the vaginal use would produce levels anywhere close to this since the reported bioavailability is only 10%.

As for Tioconazole, the systemic absorption following vaginal application, is virtually nil ( < 2.9%). I doubt that either of these drugs are a problem when used vaginally for an infant of 6 month. But we don't really have much data, and none on the vaginal use of these drugs.

Tom Hale Ph.D.
      Professor
      Tom, thank you for your answer. I think I will leave only one night feeding before using this drug, so the interval will be 24 hours. Hope one feeding will not influence my baby. Greetings from Russia!

Comment

Working...
      X