Norco and breastfeeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norco and breastfeeding

I have a five month old daughter who I exclusively breastfeed, I was in a very very minor car accident but my back is is little messed up, I was given norco 10mg/325mg, I was just wondering how safe is this to take while breastfeeding, will anything happen to my baby?

lovemykiddies:

Your infant should do just fine. Hydrocodone (Norco) is used after virtually all deliveries, so its commonly used in breastfeeding moms. Just observe your infant for sedation or constipation, both side effects of this drug. Its doubtful you'll see this, but just be advised.

Lastly, don't use this too often or too much, as its an opiate drug and is addicting.

Tom Hale Ph.d.

Comment

What is too much or too often in both newborn/ postpartum period and later ?

Comment

Dear kellykat3,

Please call the InfantRisk Center at 806-352-2519. We are open Monday through Friday, 8 to 5, CDT. To be able to give specific advice on how much and how often Norco may be used during breastfeeding, we need to ask several questions such as your dose, your infant's age and health etc. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
        Cindy Pride, MSN, CPNP
        TTUHSC InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
        X