Klonopin, oxycodone, and hydrocodon-ace. Lexapro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klonopin, oxycodone, and hydrocodon-ace. Lexapro

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me some good advice. I was in several serious car wrecks and have recently reinjured myself. I have a 4 month old son I was breastfeeding exclusivly when I was put on several medications. I was given Clonazepam (klonopin) 1 mg 2x a day as needed which I havent started yet, oxycodone 10 mg (no generic or adds, just oxycodone) 3 times a day, and hydrocodon-acetamin. 5-500 for break through pain which I take one 6-7 hours after I take one of my oxys when I'm having heavy pain and can't wait for my next oxy. These meds are totally new for me and I'm actually taking them LESS than perscribed because I don't want to be knocked out all the time. I haven't started the klonopin yet for obvious reasons but I really do need my meds. I also take Lexepro 10 mg once a day for depression. Is there ANY possible way to continue breast feeding my baby? Pumping and dumping, taking them at certain times and feeding at certain times to ensure the lowest dose, supplementing with formula, or is it a lost cause? Please respond soon I'm desperate! I'm in a lot of pain in multiple areas from multiple accidents so I really do need meds that work for the pain and I also have anxiety and depression and need meds for that as well so they are absolutly essential, but so is the bond I get from breast feeding my child. I have two other older children and wasn't able to breastfeed them and this is my last chance to be successful at it.

lildevilz247:

First, you need to know that oxycodone and hydrocodone are very addictive and I concur with your decision to use less than prescribed. I'd suggest you start the Klonopin and keep taking the Lexapro as they will really help your anxiety, which is probably part of your pain syndrome.

Lexapro and Klonopin are generally safe for use while breastfeeding. High doses of hydrocodone and oxycodone are a little risky and I'd talk with your doctor about reducing the latter so you can breastfeed. You are in a difficult position, having a lot of pain and anxiety together, so I'd follow up with your physician regularly and see if he/she can help you reduce the dose of hydrocodone and oxycodone, maybe by using ibuprofen, or Toradol which would be safer for the infant.

As for pumping and dumping, its really too much trouble in your situation. If you decide to continue breastfeeding, just observe the infant for sedation or constipation, both of which could indicate the infant is receiving a little too much from milk.

Good luck.

Tom Hale PH.D.

Comment

Hydrocodone is a drug used to treat moderate to severe pain and as an antitussive to treat cough. The investigators interpreted this to mean that oxycodone is about 50% more potent than hydrocodone. Some source state that the anesthetic action of hydrocodone begins in 20–30 min & lasts about 4–8 hrs. The manufacturer's data says onset of action is about 10–30 minutes and duration is about 4–6 hours.
      For more info : buyhydrocodonesonline.com

Comment

Working...
      X