Metildiazepinona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metildiazepinona

Hello, I just wish to know if metildiazepinona and esomeprazol are safe while breastfeeding a just turned three year old? Thank you in advance!

Hello, can some please answer my question?

Comment

Buttercup,

Esomeprazole is probably ok to use. Very little is expected to transfers into breast milk. It is unstable in the stomach and would likely be destroyed in the childs' stomach prior to absorption.

Metildiazepinona (valium) is rated an L3- the amount that transfers into breast milk is 0.88-7.14% of your dose. In low to moderate doses of 2-10 mg is probably ok since your child is older. Monitor for sedation, slowed breathing rate, not waking to feed/poor feeding and weight gain.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
      InfantRisk Center
      806-352-2519
      Last edited by admin; 05-15-2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Hi. When I was breastfeeding I tried never to take any medications. But there was a time when I was having depression and anxiety and had to ask for a prescription from my doctor. She gave me Valium and I totally freaked out. She assured me that it was safe to use, but I refused. So she gave me triazolam instead. She said this was safer because it has a lesser half-life of one to five hours compared to diazepam's 43 hours. Thus, valium accumulates at higher levels in breast milk.

Comment

Working...
        X