Oxycodoen 10/325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxycodoen 10/325

I found out I was pregnant at 3.5 weeks. I was taken 1 pill a day. Once I found out I was pregnant I stopped my medicine slowly. Will my child have birth defects?
    Last edited by Help; 04-07-2017, 05:34 PM.

Mine didnt.. and I took more. Just don't use any more unless needed? Always ask your doctor

Comment

Help,

I think you are ok, you were on a small amount, here is the information we have on oxycodone:

Oxycodone is rated a P2-benefits likely to exceed the risk. In the general population there is a 1-3% risk in all pregnancies of a congenital malformation by chance alone. In a small study of the oxycodone it did not increase the malformation risk above the baseline of the general population. "Reproduction studies in Sprague-Dawley rats and New Zealand rabbits revealed that when oxycodone was administered orally at doses up to 16 mg/kg (approximately 2 times the daily oral dose of 90 mg for adults on a mg/m2 basis) and 25 mg/kg (approximately 5 times the daily oral dose of 90 mg on a mg/m2 basis), respectively, it was not teratogenic or embryo-fetal toxic. There are no adequate and well controlled studies of oxycodone in pregnant women. Because animal reproductive studies are not always predictive of human responses, oxycodone hydrochloride tablets should be used during pregnancy only if potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus. Nonteratogenic Effects Neonates whose mothers have taken oxycodone chronically may exhibit respiratory depression and/or withdrawal symptoms, either at birth and/or in the nursery." (Medications and Mothers' Milk database, Dr Thomas Hale).

Sandra Lovato R.N.
      InfantRisk Center
      806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
      X