• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEA09
    started a topic Breastfeeding and Juvederm

Breastfeeding and Juvederm

Help!!
    I went to the dentist for dental work and whilst there I got Juvederm injected into my lips. The dentist assured me it was safe whilst breastfeeding and that he has a number of patients who he has injected whilst breastfeeding. I have had Juvederm prior to pregnancy and never had a reaction and I am fine now but I am now reading on google that there are mixed views on Juvederm whilst breastfeeding.... My baby is 3 months old and never taken a bottle ... Is it okay to continue breastfeeding I really don't want to have to give it up. I'm so worried! I feel silly for believing the Dentist without researching it myself but I assumed he would know being the doctor

• admin
    replied
    SEA09,

Juvederm (hyaluronic acid) is rated an L3-limited data-probably compatible. There are no data available on the transfer of hyaluronic acid into breastmilk, but it would be minimal to nil. The repeating chains can be quite large, and therefore size would prohibit any drug that did get absorbed from transferring into the milk compartment. It would not be orally bioavailable in the infant. Therefore, hyaluronic acid is probably of no risk to a breastfed infant.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-382-2519

Leave a comment:

Working...
X