Breastfeeding and amalgam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breastfeeding and amalgam

I am breastfeeding a 7 month old and have put off a root canal because there is an amalgam filling on the tooth but feel the need to have it done now and do not want to stop breastfeeding. I note Dr. Hale's recommendations for high suction, cold water, dental dam, and alternative oxygen. I am having a hard time finding someone who has alternative oxygen that also takes my insurance. Some places do have nitrous oxide though, and I am wondering if that would be sufficient enough to replace the recommended oxygen? Or is it a lot safer to pay out of pocket with someone who has alternative oxygen?

Also, some natural dentists will recommend charcoal, chlorophyll, or chlorella to remove the mercury. However, I am wondering if this is useful, or more harmful when breastfeeding?

Is pumping and dumping for a short time after amalgam removal recommended, or is it unnecessary?

Thank you Infant Risk for your time and all that you do.

Tiffanyk:

I'd suggest that high suction, cold water, dental dam is probably good enough. High suction will probably limit any "inhaled" mercury by the patient. Even an alternative air source would be just fine.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X