Clomid While Breastfeeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clomid While Breastfeeding

My OB wants to discuss starting me on Clomid as I have been trying to conceive for a year with only one pregnancy in that time that ended in miscarriage. I have PCOS and she believes me to be having mostly anovulatory cycles.

My question is the safety of Clomid while breastfeeding? My daughter will be two years old in June and nurses probably 4 times a day at maximum. I understand that Clomid may inhibit my supply which I am fine with. That would likely happen with a successful pregnancy anyways. I’m more concerned with the safety of my daughter while breastfeeding.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Seigin14:

Unfortunately we have no data on the transfer of this drug into human milk. In your situation, after 2 years, I doubt the volume of milk you are making will be enough to provide much of a dose of this drug.

However, some infertility docs sometimes worry about the inhibitory effect of breastfeeding itself on getting pregnant.

I'd suggest in your situation, you stop breastfeeding. Clomid will probably suppress lactation anyway.

Tom Hale

Comment

Working...
    X