Breastfeeding & Fibromyalgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breastfeeding & Fibromyalgia

I am currently breastfeeding my daughter who turned 1 year on June 29th. She receives ~10-15oz during the day via bottle while I am at work, and when I am at home -- obviously I do not know how much -- but I am just a tap bar, and I nurse her to sleep and she also wakes once or twice through the night.

My current medications are:
    -Zoloft @ 200mg 1x/day
    -Topamax @ 200mg 1x/day
    -Wellbutrin @ 150mg 1x/day
    -Prenatal vitamin added DHA 1x/day

I am recovering from PPD & PPA and PP psychosis from my daughter; the medication above I have had no issues with breastfeeding.

My doctor would like to put me on Gabapentin @ 300mg broken into 100mg 3x/day and possibly increase the dosage depending on my pain levels.

I have read so many mixed postings on this medications and doctors say different things. Do I have to stop breastfeeding to take this medication????

Aneumann:

Milk levels of Gabapentin are low even at doses of 1800 - 2400 mg per day. No complications in infants in two studies at these doses.

About 3.15% - 6.5917% of the mom's dose of gabapentin gets to the infant daily. At your low dose, and with a 1 year old child, this is probably very subclinical.

Tom Hale Ph.D.
    Last edited by admin; 07-15-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X