Introduction about me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction about me

Hello all, I’m a student. I got married about a year ago. I didn't want a baby but accidentally got pregnant. Now I have a child. I am very depressed. So, in this condition, I cannot breastfeed my baby properly as my milk stops after 10 to 15 minutes. I think this is entirely due to my depression.

I'm very stressed out, so I'm posting on this forum to see if anyone can help me figure out what to do. Thank you very much in advance.

Hi there,

My apologies for the delayed response. I recommend you seek medical help. When you're looking for a provider, try to find one who is interested in breastfeeding--I'll link a website to help with this below. You can also ask the scheduler if there is anyone that might be a good fit for a new mom. Many newer programs are being developed for postnatal mental health, but most depend on your location. Google might be your best bet for that. We hear every day from moms who are told that they can't take medications if they are breastfeeding--in most cases, that isn't true. Keep looking for the right fit in a provider if that happens to you.

There are also support groups for breastfeeding moms on social media that can help you connect with other moms in the same situation.

Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine "Find a Physician" -- [url]https://abm.memberclicks.net/find-a-physician#/[/url]

Dr. Krutsch

Comment

Working...
    X