Medications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medications

I am currently breastfeeding a healthy 4 month old. My gastroenterologist wants me to increase my dose of 6mp from 50 mg to 75 mg. My medications will be as follows:
    Pentasa 1000mg 4x daily
    Prednisone 10mg 1x daily
    6mp 75mg daily

He is also thinking of introducing one of the biologics (humira or remicade).

Is this still safe? I always take the prednisone and 6mp after the baby falls asleep for the night to reduce his exposure. He typically sleeps about 4 - 6 hours.

Thank you!

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to get the adhd undercontrol before addressing the anxiety and/or depression. I think my anxiety about things would be better and i would handle myself and the house etc better if adhd was under control, and then i would be able to deal with the anxiety as well. Or is an SSRI good for adhd as well?

Comment

Hi,

These questions are best addressed by your physician. We are unable to give any kind of medical advice.

Once you and your physician have decided what medications would be best for your situation, please feel free to call us at the InfantRisk Center at 806-352-2519 and we will be happy to discuss the medications with you with regards to breastfeeding. We are open Mon-Fri from 8:00am-5:00pm, CST.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Colleen Peace, RN, MSN
      TTUHSC, InfantRisk Center

Comment

Working...
      X