Lamictal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamictal

I will be starting Lamictal tomorrow morning for bipolar II, clinical dosage to be set later, we'll see how I do on it. The plan is to wean my 7 and a half months old baby, he has been refusing the breast lately and my supply has tanked, probably in part because of the severe anxiety I have, but now I'm having second thoughts about it I nursed my last baby until he self weaned at 27 months and was planning on doing the same with this one.

If I nurse him a couple of times a day, mainly during the night (we co sleep) and take the medicine in the morning would he get a a dosage high enough to cause concerns?

Thank you,
    Ainara.

Ainara:

I think that regardless of how you feed him, the risk at 7 months is probably quite low. Even with mothers who are feeding routinely and taking significant doses, the levels in the infant are generally less than 30-40 percent of moms.

I'd take care of your health first, and see if you can continue to breastfeed. But take care of your health first.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Thank you so much for answering my question, I'm starstruck! I had to tell all my friends about this I do have your book, and have been my breastfeeding bible since last year when I got it, but this Lamictal had me very worried, I still nurse Markos first thing in the morning and take the Lamictal right after that, I feel much better now, specially after you answered my concerns

Comment

Working...
      X